When to get medical advice

See your GP as soon as possible if you think you or your child may haveerythema multiforme.

Your GP may be able to diagnoseit just by looking at the rash, but they can refer you to askin specialist (dermatologist) if they're not sure.

Iferythema multiforme major or Stevens-Johnson syndrome is suspected, you'll be referred to hospital immediately because these conditions can be serious.

If you're unable toseea GP, contact your local out of hours service or NHS 111 for advice.

Content supplied by the NHS Website

Medically Reviewed by a doctor on 21 Dec 2018