What to do if you suspect acarbon monoxide leak

If your carbon monoxide alarm sounds or you suspect a leak:

  • stop using all appliances, switch them off,and open doors and windows to ventilate the property
  • evacuate the property immediately stay calm and avoid raising your heart rate
  • call the gas emergency number on 0800 111 999 to report the incident , orthe Health and Safety Executive (HSE) Gas Safety Advice Line on 0800 300 363
  • don't go back into the property wait for advice from the emergency services
  • seek immediate medical help you may not realise you've been affected by the carbon monoxide, and going outside into fresh air won't treat any exposure by itself
Content supplied by the NHS Website

Medically Reviewed by a doctor on 21 Dec 2018